About Mrs. B Why Am I A Teacher Tips and Tricks Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

01 September 2014

Currently: September 2014



Thanks for Farley for the ORIGINAL ;) and always fun link-up!

I am happily listening to my husband mow the lawn while I do "inside chores"... lol I am thankful that he is willing to be out in the sun. It is still triple digits most days here.

A couple weeks ago, B saw a dog almost get hit by a car out of our window. He went out to check its collar and return the poor guy to his home... and long story short, there was no room at the local rescue, so Walker ("Dubya") is now enjoying living the good life in the Bean house. The vet says that he is an older gentleman who is really malnourished (he gained 4lbs last week though- partay!) but otherwise in decent health for his age... and we just love him!


I adore my new class of sweet 2nd graders! SO sweet and very respectful for the most pat. They also love to learn. I had students asking me for homework on the first day... and then again on the weekend! They are a liiiiitle chatty, though, so I am looking for new ways to arrange their desks- any ideas? We're currently in groups of 4, but I'm open to just about anything!

I would love to have a personal chef. I am enjoying the effects of my healthy eating lifestyle (all of my teacher clothes fit again! hallelujah!), but sometimes it is really hard to come home after a long day at school and want to whip up a meal that is nutritious and delicious. Shockingly, those are hard to find in my neck of the woods. Especially on my budget...

After one of my sweeties told me last week that she didn't have a toothbrush at home because they had to wait for her mom to get paid again, I am thinking about this "needing" question in a whole nother light. I do not need anything. Not a darn thing.

Three trips I would seriously love to take are: (1) Machu Picchu (I've been dying to visit ever since I learned about it in my 8th grade Spanish class!) (2) Euro Trip (I've never been anywhere in that part of the world!) (3) American Landmarks (I lived in Australia when I was little, and you best believe I saw just about every historic and/or amazing national landmark they had... However, my American adventures are lacking! I'd love to visit the Grand Canyon, NYC, Mount Rushmore, D.C.... just to name a few!)

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog post! I also teach 2nd grade and have students that are a little chatty. I arrange my desks in two l's to start the beginning of the year. This way I can figure out who can be where in the room without talking. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, that is a good idea! I didn't think of it like that- Worth a try! Thanks, Sarah!

      Delete
  2. Love that you took in a new pup- so sweet! I'm a row girl for the first seating arrangement, and always boy/girl the whole year no matter the arrangement, but in sixth grade it wasn't so much the talking as the flirting- YEESH!
    If you make it to Mount Rushmore, make sure to catch the night show, the lights are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, I wish I could boy/girl! I have FOURTEEN ladies in my class of 20 (which probably explains the chatty kathy situation... lol). I will definitely add the Mount Rushmore night show to my travel list- Thanks for the tip! (:

      Delete
  3. Well, wouldn't a personal chef be AWESOME! A friend and I made some freezer crock pot meals. Not enough to last the year though! lol I'm hoping it helps!
    Aww- our kiddos keep us humble don't they! Bless you for being a great teacher for them!
    Make sure you see Mount Rushmore! It's wonderful!
    Have a great year!
    Kristin
    Krissy's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to get on some freezer crockpot meals- I use mine like 2x a week at least but having them bagged in the freezer would make everything so much easier! I'm thinking weekly desk rearrangement- just to keep them on their toes! ;)

      Delete
  4. I wrote about needing a personal chef too - ha!! I love 2nd grade. They're the best! I have a chatty group this year. I feel like I will be rearranging desks ALL THE TIME. Good luck! Oh, and take me to Australia PLEASE! :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete