About Mrs. B Why Am I A Teacher Tips and Tricks Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

16 May 2014

currently... may!

Linking up with the ever fabulous Farley... just a few days late! ;)

I stayed home sick from school today :(, so I've spent most of my day sleeping on the couch and watching HGTV. Right now, I'm going on hour 3 of House Hunters.

Summer is so close, I can taste it! 13 more days of school + 1 work day and I can't even stand it!

This weekend, I have literally no plans. I spent my entire day relaxing/recouping, so tomorrow really needs to be productive. There are many things I need to do around the house, and for school (5 more ARDs this year...) I think I can, I think I can

I am in the process of making some tough decisions and I just wish I had some clarity...

...but, I am constantly reminding myself that His timing is perfect and that everything will come together in the way that it should if I am patient.

This little lady's blog pretty much got me through the year! If you are a teacher of students with special needs (even a general education teacher with a kiddo with some less significant needs), you need to RUSH over to The Autism Helper. She has video tutorials, printables, and an ah-mazing TPT shop. Her posts and advice made me feel like I could accomplish my goals, even when things were really tough.

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th - Special Education - TeachersPayTeachers.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! Thanks for stopping by! You are right, writing is very therapeutic; I love doing it. I see that you are a SPED teacher and I thank God for you! This year I have the class with SPED students mainstreamed in and I was terrified of not knowing how to implement their IEPs, modifications, etc., and stay out of legal trouble. The SPED team at my school is great though, and they have helped me overcome that fear all year. If it were not for the special education teachers at my school, I don't know what I would do! You all are truly gifted and we general ed teachers appreciate you! Have a great weekend!

    P.S. SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE! YAAAAAAY! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! Teaching an inclusion class can be really tricky... but also incredibly rewarding! Kudos to you for WANTING to know how to do right by all of your students. (:

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well! I hope some rest this weekend helps you get better soon!

    I love House Hunters! Mostly, I love everything on HGTV, actually. :)

    I'm curious. What is an ARD?

    Patience is a virtue which is difficult for me to develop.

    I hope you get the clarity you need. Best wishes on making your difficult decision. :) Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever heard of an "IEP Meeting"? An ARD meeting is the same thing, but we crazy Texans seem to need to have our acronym for everything. ;) Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete