About Mrs. B Why Am I A Teacher Tips and Tricks Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

03 August 2014

#healthyteacher: Bountiful Baskets

Y'all, I had the best experience picking up my Bountiful Basket last Friday! The whole pick up process ran like a well oiled-machine, and I really think the baskets are going to a) make it easier for me to eat healthier during the school year and b) push my boundaries when it comes to cooking! I got the "conventional basket", and for $15 it came with:



-6 bananas
-5 figs
-a large bag of seedless red grapes
-7 limes
-4 large navel oranges
-8 tomatoes
-1 head of lettuce (cabbage?)
-4-5 radishes
-1 clamshell of cherry tomatoes
-1 large avocado
-2 heads of broccoli
-1 box of mushrooms


I also ordered a bag of cherry pecan granola (an extra fee, of course, but it came with TWENTY-EIGHT servings), which I immediately began putting into portion control ziplocs because it is SO delicious that I would not be able to stop chowing down if I ate out of the big bag. 


Apparently there was another someone in the house who enjoyed the process almost as much as I did...




My meal plan for the coming week looks like this to try to accommodate some of the fruits/veggies that I received:



How do you maintain healthy eating habits during the year?! Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment