About Mrs. B Why Am I A Teacher Tips and Tricks Teachers pay Teachers Pinterest Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

26 July 2013

My Favorite Things: Foodies



Y'all. There is no other way to say this...


I love to eat.


I am a mediocre chef at best and I try to eat fairly healthily... but sometimes a little of my sweet southern grandma gets into me and I smother my one slice of 100% whole-wheat toast in Mayhaw jelly.

My favorite go-to foods: 

Chiobani and/or egg whites with turkey bacon

source

Turkey, swiss, and avocados sandwhiches (or really anything with avocado!)
source

Grilled chicken & veggies (our HEB has delish sweet chile marinated chicken breasts, so you best believe we eat them at least once a week)

I often get bored with eating the same things over and over, so I rely on my BFF, Pinterest, for most of my kitchen-inspiration. I spend lots of time drooling over my boards, but I occasionally actually make something!

My favorite recipes that I've actually tried:








And finally, my all time favorite places to eat:

1. Trudy's is a delicious Austin restaurant. I love their migas & fajitas, stuffed avocado, and Mexican Martinis. Do not go to Austin without stopping by one of their locations!

2. Chick Fil A. And my closest one is two hours away now. It has been a really tough adjustment for me (...and I'm sure equally as tough for the Georgetown location. I mean, I probably dropped by for 5+ visits a week)

3. Nothing Bundt Cakes. Awwww yeah. Red Velvet Cake.

I'm still on the hunt for a favorite place in my current home. We have shockingly low quality Mexican food considering that we are literally right on the border with that foreign nation...

Shoutout again to Halle for hosting such a fun summer linkup- could not have come up with a better way to introduce myself to the blogging world!

No comments:

Post a Comment